2015. március 17., kedd

Happy St. Patrick's day (The Irish Coffee, The Hot Shot and The Caffé Corretto)

From now I will write posts in English and in Hungarian. (There will be some mistakes in my posts I'm not a native speaker)

I'm goin' to tell you some stories and give you recipes of coffees which contain alcohol.


1. The easiest. (Caffé Corretto)

It means the correct coffee. I learned about it and they said that to me: In the past some people said that: there is everything good in the espresso except the alcohol. So Italians invented the Caffé Corretto. This is an espresso with 0,2 dl grappa or an esspresso which is sprayed by grappa.


2. The most beautiful ( The Hot Shot)

Shots are popular nowadays and I love them too. This is my favorite shot (because of the coffee).  I tell you how can make it. You load some  Italian liqeur e.g.: Galliano, Limoncello or Amaretto into a vodka glass



 Load an esspresso  on the liqeur. And just add some whipped cream onto the coffee. that's all and you will give something like that. But be careful you can be drunk fast.






3. The celebrated ( The Irish Coffee)

I don't know who knows anything about the story of the foundation but I'll tell you. This was in 1943 in  FoynesCounty Limerick at a catering of an airport. Every pilot was scared and was cold because the weather was awful and they had to take off. The head chef Joe Sheridan had to do something with this situation and made a coffee with whiskey. Because of the alcohol and caffeine they were relaxed when took off. So this was the story of the Irish coffee. And now how can we make one:


 First load 3cl Irish whiskey with 1 tsp brown sugar into the Irish coffee mug.






 Boil them with the steamer of the coffee machine after that load two esspressos onto them. And load some whipped cream on the top of the esspresso like this ( I used milk foam instead of whipped cream because I like it more):






0 megjegyzés:

Megjegyzés küldése